Dexter: New Blood S1.06 — Feeling butchery
Spoilers below for Dexter: New Blood S1.06 — Too Many Tuna Sandwiches
Another great episode of Dexter! They are crushing this reboot and we are so happy.
The episode starts with Angela pulling Dexter over and asking to see his Dexter ID. He goes back with her to the station and basically explains everything (except for the fact that he’s a serial killer, obviously). She is pissed and tells him to go to therapy. Logan offers Dexter his Spotify breakup playlist.
Meanwhile, the wheels are falling off with Harrison. He sneaks into Audrey’s room and sleeps over, which pisses Angela off as well. Then, Dexter takes him to therapy and attends the appointment as well. Dexter doesn’t really explain anything about his childhood or even how his marriage with Rita “fell apart,” which makes Harrison feel abandoned all over again.
Dexter is trying to figure out how Angela found out about his real story (I am 10000% sure he would have never imagined it was because she met Angel lol) and he thinks Molly the podcaster is the culprit. He listens to her episode on the Bay Harbor Butcher and then decides to follow her.
Even though Angela told Molly to lay off of Curt, Angela meets him for lunch. Dexter plugs his phone in on the counter next to them and records their conversation. He is so smart! After they leave, he listens to the recording where Curt tells Molly that he lied about Matt being in New York. He explains that Matt is hiding out in his cabin and he offers to take her there as long as Molly doesn’t tell anyone.
AND MOLLY AGREES! The famous serial killer podcaster agrees to go with a man to an off-the-grid cabin without telling anyone! What an IDIOT! I was shocked by the runaway girls agreeing to this, but this is honestly almost unbelievable. Luckily for her, Dexter does the right thing and saves her. Before Curt can get her into the room but after she knows what is about to go down, Dexter enters the scene. He manages to open the door into Curt’s secret lair, sees that the door locks on the outside (and has no knob on the inside) plus he sees the camera. Oh yeah, Dexter knows what goes down there.
It’s always a good moment when Dexter recognizes he’s dealing with another serial killer. Of course, he (and the audience) are comparing the two of them and Dexter obviously always comes out on top. He really is a good guy, even though he kills people. Dexter offers to give Molly a ride and Molly asks him to keep quiet about what happened. Dexter agrees even though he’s pretty sure that Curt is the killer Angela is looking for.
Speaking of Angela, she begins to realize what I had said a few episodes ago. Curt said Matt was alive and made her stop the search the night before they were going to go to the caves. That probably means he was hiding something there. She expected to find Matt’s body, but then she actually found Iris’ body! I called that, by the way. She calls Dexter, very upset, saying she needs Dexter Morgan to help her figure out what happened. Oh baby — someone get the red string!
Finally, Harrison decides to work at Curt’s truck stop even though Dexter didn’t give his permission. A tale of 2 serial killers and Harrison is right in the middle. Unfortunately, Dexter is not giving Harrison the attention that he craves and he is certainly gravitating towards Curt. At Harrison’s big wrestling match, his opponent head butts him and makes him bleed. Before he goes back out, Curt tells Harrison to use that anger and make the other guy feel the pain. Harrison gets the other kid in a headlock and then after the kid taps out, Harrison breaks his arm.
Curt hugs Harrison and tells him he did good out there. Dexter, already angry that Harrison has now put his dark side on display twice, runs down and pushes Curt away. Now, Harrison is mad at Dexter because he loves lil daddy Curt so much. Hope Dexter can get him before Curt does.
General thoughts from the ep/for next week:
- One of the Moose Creek kids threatens Harrison after he breaks their teammate’s arm. My guess is that Harrison will get jumped by those boys and then Curt will rescue him. Then, he’ll take Harrison to the cabin and kidnap him to get Dexter. I think this will happen in either the penultimate episode or the episode before the penultimate episode.
- How will Angela explain to the police department why resident gun store clerk Jim Lindsay is now a forensic expert working the missing persons case?
- Looks like in the preview for next week they do catch and book Curt, but I don’t think he stays behind bars for long. Dexter has to be the one to kill him. Maybe Harrison will be there, too?
- I don’t think we’re done with the oil baron guy either. Assuming he’ll come back when Curt is in jail for a little.
- Do we think Angela will be a serial killer victim this season? It would make sense with the way the show usually works, but it would definitely be a big loss.
- If not, my guess is we’ll lose Molly or Audrey. Some big-ish player has to be killed, I think.
Producer who loves TV, looking for my next opportunity to be creative & pet dogs. View all posts by lizziekreitman
Originally published at http://lizziekreitman.wordpress.com on December 13, 2021.